Sunday, February 26, 2012

Well, where to start?...

I would absolutely love to say that blogging will be easy for me, but I'm going to give it a shot anyways...

The main reason that I am giving this a "go" is for my boys. I'm hoping that I can kind of keep track of how much they are growing EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It blows my mind to look back and see photos and proof that they are not babies anymore! It makes me so sad, yet so proud of these two gifts that God has so totally blessed me with! To think that He would trust ME with these two lives. I know that there are mistakes that I make as a mama daily, but I also know that I try my hardest to be the best mama to J & W! They are truly my world!

Hopefully this will give some insight to my wonderful life as Mommy to:
an almost-four-year-old who is indecisive, yet knows everything, loves his little brother, has big brown eyes and can convince Mommy into almost anything, loves being outside, his boots, his games, Mommy & Daddy's phones, has a country twang that will melt your heart and make you laugh at the same time, loves baseball and Dirk, is sensitive and loving, and is so super excited to be in Pre-K next year (NOOOOOO!!!!)
and to:
a now-14-month old who walks everywhere, climbs everywhere, has a crazy wild head of strawberry-blonde curly hair, blue eyes that will melt your heart, yacks about everything (and you can't understand a word....but don't let him know that! He thinks that he is for real getting his point across!), has learned to un-velcro his cloth diapers (uh-oh), adores his older brother, is our wild man!, says "uh-uhhh" (uh-oh) any chance he can get, loves cars like his brother, loves his (fake) pet lizard and making it "get" people :), likes his "ish" (fish) Dorothy, loves choo-choo's and says "wassat?" every time he hears it, is ALL-BOY, and is MAMA'S BOY!



I just want to document all of these little things, be able to look back and say "Oh, that's when he was doing THIS....etc." It's flown by so fast and I hate to think that I'd ever forget a moment of it!

Ok, now that the intro is over, I'll quit gushing about my children. Yeah right. Last night Jimmy and I took J to Monster Jam at Cowboy Stadium. He had a BLAST! (not as much fun as I did, though :) He got to buy a cool t-shirt with ALL of the monster trucks on it, a checkered flag, and Mommy insisted that he get a $15 cotton candy because it had a foam Grave Digger hat that came with it. Glad he liked it. ;) Money, in a million years, couldn't have paid for the look on his face when he heard the trucks start up and come out onto the track. He was so into it! It was so worth it, and Big Brother Date Night was a huge success.

While we were there, though, little brother was at Granny's house with a fever. This morning, we visited a CareNow clinic and although the strep test came back negative, it was some type of infection causing him to have a red throat. He hasn't felt terrible today, but still has times where he's running a little fever and just isn't himself. Daddy is going to stay home with the boys tomorrow, so I'm sure he'll enjoy that!

Enough for tonight. Off to finish Mockingjay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment